In 1982, Riverview Church (then known as Rhema Family Church), established Regent College. Regent College is governed by the Regent College Inc. Board.
The functions of the Regent College Inc. Board include but are not limited to:
1. Setting the broad direction and vision of the school;
2. Strategic planning for the school including:
a. Developing, monitoring and reviewing the objectives and targets of the strategic plan; and
b. Considering, approving and monitoring human resource and asset management plans.
3. Determining policies for the school including policies for the safety, welfare and discipline of students; and
4. Determining the application of the total financial resources available to the school including the regular review of the budget.
Regent College is a member of the Association of Independent Schools of WA (AISWA) and Christian Schools Australia (CSA).
Regent College Inc. Board Members (2017)
ROD WHITE (Board Chairman)
Rod joined the Regent Board in 2014 and holds a Bachelor of Business from Curtin University, is a CPA with a Public Practice license and a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Rod’s accounting practice provides advice to high wealth individuals and the practice has been actively involved in providing services and advice to private education for over 20 years. Rod had previous ASX directorship experience and was Chair of Kennedy (previously Winthrop and Somerville) Baptist College and Mandurah Baptist College – which combined employ over 200 staff and have approximately 2,500 students – for 8 years.
Rod has been part of Riverview Church since 2009.
John has been involved with Regent College since its inception, his involvement includes the purchase of the current premises and the initial establishment and registration of the school. John's commercial experience includes Computer Services Manager for the WA TAB, prior to becoming a Business Manager for Rhema Family Church for 5 years. John subsequently owned and managed a business involved in the construction industry for a period of 15 years before retiring.
John has been part of Riverview Church since its inception.
- Bachelor of Science, Major in Mathematics
Paula is currently a Connect Pastor at Riverview Church, having held various pastoral and administrative roles since first joining the staff team in 2007, having completed a Diploma of Ministry in 2006.
Prior to this Paula spent nearly 12 years in the general insurance and financial services industry, working for Alliance, and then later a small insurance brokerage in Perth with a focus on individuals and small businesses. Her capacity to build and manage relationships, contribute to decision making and experience in mentoring people compliment the Board’s existing skills set.
With her family, Paula has been attending Riverview since in 2000 and her children attend Regent College.
Peter has been involved in education for 31 years, 11 years in Western Australian government schools and the past 20 years in private education. He is currently the principal of Kingsway Christian College, and prior to this was the principal of Winthrop Baptist College.
Peter has been a part of Riverview Church for over 10 years.
- Bachelor of Education – Mathematics
- Masters of Business Administration (2010)
Mark is currently Principal at Kenedy Baptist College, having previously been Foundation Principal at Mandurah Baptist College. He has also held several roles in the public education system over a number of years.
Mark is a member at Mount Pleasant Baptist Church.
- Bachelor of Education and Major in Science Education (1984)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education Studies and Major in Educational Administration (1990)
- Master of Education (1993)
- Major - Educational Administration
- Master of Education Honors (1994)
- Dissertation — Curriculum Change and the Unit Curriculum: A Retrospective Analysis