Fathering Project School Group
The Fathering Project? HERE
The Fathering Project School Group (FPSG)
Fathering is not an issue that is talked a lot about amongst fathers, yet there are enormous benefits for both dads and kids when dads feel supported and informed to enable them to be better fathers. The benefits of effective fathers are profound. The presence of an effective father, or father figure, is an important influence on a child’s life. Mums generally do a great job as do some dads. However some dads need support and advice to be more effective.
The Fathering Project’s Schools Program aims to positively promote the important role of fathers & father figures to the entire school community through the formation of a “Champion Dads” group or Fathering Project School Group (FPSG). The FPSG’s key role is to provide leadership and direction to the group of “Champion Dads”, school fathers, father figures and support people, including Mums.
A Fathering Project Schools Group is a group of dads from a school that is created to be a fun group that builds interaction, knowledge and skills of fathers and father figures. This core group of dads, “Champion Dads” or Father figures, will run activities. They are not Champion Dads because they are perfect dads but because they are committed to championing the need for being better dads for the sake of their kids.
The activities undertaken by the Fathering Project School Group include;
- Father and father activities
- Father and child activities
- Father and The Fathering Project activities
- Father and School activities
(taken from thefatheringproject.org)
"So, you're a Regent dad, then consider yourself invited!"
- 1st April. Mini Golf.
- 12th November 2016 (Saturday evening). Games Night. Dads + kids.
- 30th October 2016 (Sunday afternoon). Bunnings Workshop Day - For Dads + Kids. BOOK (event has now expired)
- 15th September 2016 (Thursday evening). AMF Bowling Night. Dads and Kids. (event has now expired)
- 27th August 2016 (Saturday). Dads and families at the WAFL Fathering Project football.(event has now expired)
- 28th May 2016 (Saturday). Dads and kids get-together (fishing). (event has now expired)
- 18th November 2015. Dads and kids get-together (Lawn bowls). (event has now expired)
- 28th October 2015. Regent dads get-together (Info night). (event has now expired)
Regent College testimonial HERE